GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn--One of the country's largest member owned food cooperatives is growing. The Wedge Community Co-op is building a second location on Minneapolis Eat Street. The new market and cafe is scheduled to open later this year. Today we got a preview and a taste of some of the new grab and go options.
Wedge Community Co-op
Organic Broccoli Cashew Salad
Makes 2.5 pounds
Step 1 – Making the Dressing
· 3 tablespoons organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· 2 tablespoons organic Tamari San-J
· 2 tablespoons organic rice vinegar
· 1 tablespoon organic sesame oil
· 1 teaspoon organic honey
· 1 teaspoon organic minced garlic
· ½ teaspoon black pepper, medium ground
· 2 ¼ pound fresh, organic broccoli - cut into bit size pieces
· 1 gallon of filtered water
· 2 tablespoon sea salt
· ¼ pound organic julienned red bell peppers
· 6 ounces organic julienned red onions
· 6 tablespoons whole organic roasted cashews – lightly toasted
Combine Step 1 ingredients in measuring cup.
Trim broccoli and peel stalks. Cut into bite size pieces. Blanch broccoli by dropping into boiling, heavily salted water for 1 minute, then drain immediately, rinse with cold water, and shock with an ice bath. Rinse again to melt ice, then drain thoroughly.
Lightly toast the cashews. Cool. Combine Step 2 ingredients to broccoli, and pour dressing over vegetables.