NCAA West Region final
TOURNAMENT: Bracket Hub
Arizona (33-4) vs. Wisconsin (29-7) | Time, TV: 8:49 p.m. ET, TBS
• Where: Anaheim, Calif.
• Why Arizona will win: The Wildcats lost in the Pac-12 tournament title game to UCLA but have looked like potential national champions in their three victories in the NCAA tournament. They are led by Pac-12 player of the year, guard Nick Johnson, and league freshman of the year, forward Aaron Gordon. In the Sweet 16 win against San Diego State, Johnson started 0-for-10 from the field and didn't score a basket until 2:44 remained in the game. But a layup, a three-point and 10-for-10 from the line down the stretch helped secure victory. Sean Miller is a proven winner in the NCAA tournament, having taken Arizona to the Sweet 16 three of the last four years and, previously, Xavier to two Sweet 16s.
• Why Wisconsin will win:The Badgers looked dominant in their Sweet 16 victory Thursday against Baylor, shooting 52% from the field. Their offense has been efficiant all season (73.8 points, 8.1 turnovers agame). They have a No. 6 RPI rating and played the nation's second-toughest schedule. They They have an old-school post game with 7-foot center Frank Kaminsky (13.7 points and 6.2 rebounds per game) — he had 19 in the win against the Bears — but can go elsewhere for points, too; Ben Brust averages 13.0 and forward Sam Dekker averages 12.5.History lesson:Among coaches in the 700-win club, Wisconsin's Bo Ryan ranks seventh all-time in winning percentage (703-222, .760).
• Did you know? Arizona coach Sean Miller and his brother Archie, the head coach at Dayton and a former Arizona assistant, became the first set of brothers to coach in the same Sweet 16, and are now the first pair of brothers to do so in the Elite Eight.
MORE ARIZONA: Wildcats survive against San Diego State
MORE WISCONSIN: Dominant in rout of Baylor
BADGERS: Why you want to root for Bo Ryan
South Region final
Florida (35-2) vs. Dayton (26-10) | Time, TV: 6:09 p.m. ET, TBS
• Where: Memphis
• Why Dayton will win: You move me. The Flyers distribute the basketball as well as any team in the country. Topped by Vee Sanford with four, they piled up 19 assists in the South Region semifinal win against Stanford. Only two of Dayton's baskets weren't scored off an assist in the first half. That was good enough to foil one of the better defenses in the country last time out. Can they do it one more time?
• Why Florida will win: Are you experienced? The Gators senior leaders are on a mission to cap a season that started in turmoil and could very well end in a national championship. Point guard Scottie Wilbekin came to the rescue in the waning minutes of their semifinal win against UCLA, knocking down three huge shots. Center Patric Young got into foul trouble and will play with something to prove. Forwards Will Yeguete and Casey Prather too are driven.
• History lesson: Florida and Dayton have never met. The Flyers are making their first Elite Eight appearance since 1984. They have been this far three times. The Gators are making their fourth consecutive Elite Eight run. Florida boasts eight trips to the Round of Eight.
• Did you know? Three No. 11 seeds have won their Elite Eight games and advanced to the Final Four. Virginia Commonwealth (2011), George Mason (2006) and LSU (1986). All three lost in the national semifinals.
MORE FLORIDA: Gators hold off UCLA
MORE DAYTON: Dispatches Stanford in battle of double-digit seeds
GALLERY: ALL THE SWEET 16 ACTION